Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu – Lukla - Phakding
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Day 04: Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche
Day 06: Tyangboche to Dingboche
Day 07: Dingboche
Day 08: Dingboche to Lobuche
Day 09: Lobuche – EBC - Gorakshep
Day 10: Gorakshep to Kalapathar – Dzong La
Day 11: Dzong La to Cho La - Thagna
Day 12: Thagna to Gokyo
Day 13: Gokyo to Dole
Day 14: Dole – Namche Bazaar
Day 15: Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 16: Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 17: Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel. In the afternoon we can enjoy the neighborhood of Thamel, where we will find all kinds of good restaurants and endless streets full of shops. We will see Nepalese traditional craft shops, Tibetan rugs, fine jewelry stores and clothing stores and mountain and trekking equipment.
Day 02: Kathmandu - Lukla – Phakding
- In the morning, we will transfer to the airport of Kathmandu to make a flight in plane of about 40 minutes that will take us to Lukla (2,840 m), beautiful Sherpa village and gateway to the Everest region. The views of the Himalayas during the flight are impressive. The landing on the steep mountain track of the Lukla airport is also a unique experience. In Lukla we will have a tea, we will meet our porters and we will start our trekking to Phakding. Accommodation. (3 hours)
Day 03: Phakding - Namche Bazaar (3,440 m)
- In the early morning we will start the march. Just a few hours trekking from Phakding we will find the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park where we will register showing our passport. Then we will start a continuous climb up to Namche Bazaar, capital and commercial center of the Khumbu valley and gateway to the Everest region. Overnight in Namche Bazaar, this will help us to acclimatize. (5:30 hours)
Day 04: Namche Bazaar (3.440 m)
- Rest and acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar. We can walk around and we will gradually get used to the altitude and the symptoms that may have eventually appeared will be reduced. Accommodation.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar - Tyangboche (3,867 m)
- We will start our trek early. We will leave behind the steep streets of Namche to continue only surrounded by mountains, rivers and pure air. After half an hour, we will enjoy the first views of Ama Dablam, one of the most beautiful mountains in the world. We will continue our route until we reach the famous Tyangboche Buddhist settlement. The monastery was built on top of a cliff, surrounded by pine trees, rhododendrons, azaleas, and many flowers, under the shadows of some of the most imposing mountains in the world: Thamserku, Ama Dablam, Nupse, Lhotse and Everest. We will find ourselves in a magical and beautiful place that invites peace and meditation. Accommodation. (5:30 hours)
Day 06: Tyangboche - Dingboche (4,413 m)
- Today we will continue towards Dingboche. From Tyangboche we will descend through a narrow path among pine trees that may have some snow and ice depending on the time of year. In Dingboche we will find a hidden and sheltered place that will transport us to the ancestral time when the mountains were the gods that led the lives of the Sherpa people. Accommodation. (6 hours)
Day 07: Dingboche
- Acclimatization day. Today we can rest, enjoy the landscape that gives us the place, meditate and learn more about the culture and life of the Sherpa people. We can walk through the Chuckung Valley or climb Nagarjun Hill. Accommodation.
Day 08: Dingboche - Lobuche (4.930m)
- We will continue our journey from the Dingboche valley in ascending direction. An area of high plateau will lead us to a hamlet called Dugla, where we will have a tea and then begin a strong climb to reach the final mouth of the Khumbu glacier, from Everest. Our objective today will be to reach the town of Lobuche. Here it is very possible that we notice the effects of altitude. Accommodation. (5:30 hours)
Day 09: Lobuche - Everest Base Camp (5,364 m) - Gorakshep (5,100 m)
- Today will be the day we arrive at Everest Base Camp. We will leave Lobuche early overcoming the waterfall of the Khumbu. In the Base Camp we can enjoy the special atmosphere that is in this place, full of mountaineers from different corners of the planet. After a time of rest we will descend to Gorakshep. Accommodation. (6 hours)
Day 10: Gorakshep - Kala Patthar (5,580 m) - Dzong La (4,838 m)
- Early in the morning we will start the climb to the top of Kala Patthar (5,580 m), the highest point of our route. Once we have climbed the mountain, we will enjoy the impressive view of the Pumori (7,161 m), Khumbutse (6,640 m), Lhotse (8,501 m), Nuptse (7,861 m) and Everest (8,872 m), forming a majestic snowy horizon . We will descend and go to Dzong La. (6 hours)
Day 11: Dzong La - Cho La (5,300 m) - Thagnak (4,500 m)
- We start the day with a steep climb to Cho La Pass, cross it and descend to Thagna (4,500 m). (7 hours)
Day 12: Thagnak - Gokyo (4.790 m)
- Today we will have an easy day (2 hours). We will pass through the Ngozumpa Glacier and arrive at Gokyo where we will spend the night. If we have the strength we can ascend to Gokyo Ri (5,483 m) from where we will have one of the best views of the Himalayas. We will see the valley of Gokyo, the huge Ngozumpa Glacier and the giants Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and Cho Oyu. Return to Gokyo. (6 hours)
Day 13: Gokyo - Dole (4,200 m)
- We will descend towards Dole (4,200 m) on our way back to Namche Baazar. Accommodation. (5 hours)
Day 14: Dole - Namche Baazar
- Descend to Namche Bazaar through the Sherpa village of Khumjung. We will leave the mountains behind and arrive in Namche. Accommodation. (5 hours)
Day 15: Namche Baazar – Lukla
- We will leave Namche early. Nostalgia and joy will come together at the end of our trekking. We will spend the night sleeping in the valley. Accommodation in Lukla. (4:30 hours)
Day 16: Lukla – Kathmandu
- Today we will say goodbye to the Khumbu Valley. Transfer to the airport to take the flight back to Kathmandu. Arrival at the hotel. Rest of the day free. Accommodation.
Day 17: Kathmandu
- Today we will take a guided tour to discover the charms of Kathmandu. We will first visit the Hindu temple of Pashupatinath on the sacred Bagmati River, famous for its colossal architecture, its golden roof and its 4 silver doors that indicate the four cardinal points. It is the most sacred place of pilgrimage for Hinduism in Nepal, where we probably observe some cremation ceremony. We will follow the famous Bouddhanath, the largest and most beautiful Buddhist stupa in the world. It will dazzle us with its imposing size and the eyes of the Buddha that look in all directions. We will finish in Kathmandu's Durbar Square, in the very heart of the city. We will observe the former residence of the royal family and discover many temples, including the Hanuman Dhoka Palace and Kumari Ghar, residence of the living goddess. Accommodation.
Day 18: Departure
- In the morning we transfer to Kathmandu airport to take the flight to onward destination.